"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." - Psalm 100:4-5
This morning I have felt the overwhelming presence of the Lord and his faithfulness. The Lord is so GOOD! I don't really know why or what sparked it... but He is good! My life these past 5 weeks have been needless to say BUSY. I prayed all summer for people and more work and things to do and goodness did he answer my prayers, tenfold. However, amidst the overwhelming days and nights, He has been so faithful. People ask me all the time, "What is like to live in Auburn? I would love it!' and "Don't you just love your job?'" The answers to both of those questions are YES! It's not that's its easy to live in Auburn as a single adult... by the way people, it's not game day 24/7, but I love that I get to meet and share the gospel with students EVERYDAY!!! Yes, I do love my job! It is really a lot of fun, but its not the job that gets me out of bed each morning, its the people I come in contact with and those whom I get to share with about Christ. I love the privilege of being a disciple for Christ!
I don't know what really led to this post except the blog is a little empty and I think I just needed to tell someone how truly great our God is... all the time... no matter what! Students lives are being changed in Auburn... I am loving having a front row seat watching Him work! Please continue to pray that the Lord would bring students to Himself, that He would use those of us "Old Folks" that are still here to raise up laborers for Christ and that He would be GLORIFIED in all that we do and say. God is working and moving and for that I am so thankful! Thankful He is letting me be a part of it all!
If you want to hear some cool stories of what He is doing in Auburn... go here and here. These people truly are the hands and feet of Christ!
"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28: 18-20
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're in Auburn. Let's have lunch next week if you're free.
Post a Comment