Monday, September 21, 2009

Thankful Monday #1


Mondays are just plain hard. The phone never stops ringing and my e-mail by 9:00 a.m. is overloaded. Somehow the lunch "break" turns into a sandwich at my desk. They are long, hard, and totally overwhelming. However, they are another beginning! "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23) Not only do we start anew every morning; we start anew every week.

So that I will hopefully be more dilligent about posting and updating this thing... I will have "Thankful Mondays." They may be hard and difficult, but what a blessing the Lord has given us in another day!


Today I am thankful for... Blake. I was pondering what my first "Thankful Monday" would be about... there is MUCH to be thankful for today. He immediately came to mind. I LOVE being in Auburn this year with both of the boys. I especially have enjoyed adding Blake to the mix. He and I are pretty much the same person, just 6 years a part and different genders. He is my heart! He LOVES being a freshman and is soaking it all up... or has for the last week. I am most thankful that he is finally well. He was pretty sick for the first 3 weeks of school. One ER trip per an ambulance, two trips back home to Mom and Dad and several prescriptions later he is well!! I know this whole freshman year (and really most of college) is trial and error, however, I hope and pray the Lord will use this precious boy is big ways! Blake (and Trey) I am so thankful to be in Auburn with you and I cherish this time!

No comments: